EMPOWERING RURAL AREAS TO HARVEST THE POTENTIAL OF CULTURAL TOURISM
Cultural heritage is one of the main reasons why tourists choose to visit Europe. From museums to churches or monasteries, from traditional craft workshops to festivals, visitors have countless opportunities to explore, learn and experiment.
European culture is not limited to the urban area. Everywhere, in rural areas, traces of cultural heritage can be found, from ancient times to the present day. Important cultural and religious monuments, old houses with traditional architecture, folk customs and crafts preserved from generation to generation, local cuisine are just some of the attractions of rural areas in Europe.
In this context, the main focus of the EUROPETOUR project (1.09.2015 - 31.08.2018) is to promote cultural tourism and to improve the professional development of stakeholders in the field of tourism in rural areas. The activities of the project aim to develop the skills of tourism managers and employees, to create attractive and innovative offers and to improve tourism marketing knowledge through the use of social networks.
The consortium consists of 10 dedicated partners from 8 countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania and Spain), representing cultural and tourism networks, training providers, local and regional public authorities.
More information on the project website: www.europetour.tips
The project partners are:
- Kultur und Arbeit e.V., Germany, www.kultur-und-arbeit.de – Project coordinator
- Future for Religious Heritage, Belgium, www.frh-europe.org
- Klosterland network/ City of Mysliborz, Poland, klosterland.de
- Kreativ Reisen, Austria, www.kreativreisen.at
- Touristikgemeinschaft HeilbronnerLand e.V., Germany, www.heilbronnerland.de
- Marche Region, Italy, www.regione.marche.it
- SRECD – Region of Cantabria, Spain, www.srecd.es
- E-C-C Verein fuer interdisziplinaere Bildung und Beratung, Austria, www.e-c-c.at
- INI-Novation, Bulgaria, www.ini-novation.com
- ASOCIATIA PENTRU TURISM BUCOVINA, Romania, www.bucovinaturism.ro